Hedland EZ-View Flow Meter
Hedland EZ-View® flow meters provide a lower cost alternative to standard Hedland flow meters. Made from high-impact thermoplastics like polysulfone and Radel®, these variable area meters (rotameters) contain a minimum number of moving parts, offering a reliable, trouble-free flow rate indicator. Fittings, available in brass, stainless steel and PVC, with NPT or BSP ports, allow the meter to be installed in a wide variety of applications. Meters can be used in oil and water processes, with the ability to add a flow switch, which can be used to trigger alarms.
As low as $83.00
Availability: In stock
The Hedland Flow Meter is a variable area (rotameter) instrument. A precision machined, sharp-edged Orifice is located within the piston assembly and forms an annular opening with the contoured metering cone. The piston assembly carries a cylindrical PPS/ ceramic magnet that is magnetically coupled to an external flow Indicator that moves precisely, in direct response to movement of the piston. A calibrated spring opposes flow in the forward direction. This spring decreases viscosity sensitivity and allows the flow meter to be used in any position, including inverted.
- No electronics needed to obtain a reading
- Can be installed in any position / orientation without affecting accuracy
- The most readable product in its class
- Does not require special plumbing or accessories to stabilize turbulent flow
- Magnetic coupling eliminates the need for mechanical linkages that wear, loosen and leak over the functional life of competitive meters
- Custom scale options to meet exact application requirements
- Material options for standard or more aggressive fluid media
- Direct reading
- Internal spring
- Easier-to-read linear scale
- No flow straighteners or special piping required
- Relatively insensitive to shock and vibration
- Special scales available
- Polysulfone and Radel® R materials
- Size: 1/2...3 in.
- Temperature Range: 32…250 °F
- Flow Range: 0.5…275 gpm
- Pressure Range: Up to 325 PSI
- Accuracy: (full-scale ±5 %)