Hedland Corrosive Air Flow Meter
Caustic and corrosive air/gas is characterized for its ability to damage/corrode other surfaces as the fluid media comes into contact with it. This media is harsh on traditional metering elements, which is why this particular Hedland flow meter was designed to withstand these types of fluids. For operators needing a quick, visual indication of flow, these meters provide the perfect solution, without the need for additional electronics. A wide range of end fittings and expansion options allow for system compatibility as well as remote system integration options via electronic output.
As low as $733.00
Availability: In stock
The Hedland Flow Meter is a variable area (rotameter) instrument. A precision machined, sharp-edged Orifice is located within the piston assembly and forms an annular opening with the contoured metering cone. The piston assembly carries a cylindrical PPS/ ceramic magnet that is magnetically coupled to an external flow Indicator that moves precisely, in direct response to movement of the piston. A calibrated spring opposes flow in the forward direction. This spring decreases viscosity sensitivity and allows the flow meter to be used in any position, including inverted.
- No electronics needed to obtain a reading
- Can be installed in any position / orientation without affecting accuracy
- The most readable product in its class
- Does not require special plumbing or accessories to stabilize turbulent flow
- Magnetic coupling eliminates the need for mechanical linkages that wear, loosen and leak over the functional life of competitive meters
- Custom scale options to meet exact application requirements
- Direct reading
- Internal calibrated spring
- 360° rotatable guard/scale
- Easier-to-read linear scale
- No flow straighteners or special piping required
- Relatively insensitive to shock and vibration
- Special scales available
- Size: 1/4...1 1/2 in.
- Temperature Range: -20…240 °F
- Flow Range: 2…800 scfm
- Pressure Range: Up to 1500 PSI
- Accuracy: ±2 % (1/4 inch only ±7 %)