- Penn Separator "Straight Thru" Type Centrifugal Entrainment Separators for Steam, Air and Other GasesOur other Inline Design is a "straight thru" that uses a helical baffle to create the centrifugal separation. The body of the separator follows the line requiring less space for installation. These separators are available in horizontal, upflow, or downflow models. All Penn Inline Entrainment Separators are designed and stamped ASME code in threaded, 150# flanged or 300# flanged. Special pressures are also available. Learn MoreRequest a Quote
- Flash SeparatorsPenn Flash Separators use a tangential inlet and cyclonic action to instantly separate steam and condensate. Our Flash separators are smaller in size and more efficient then traditional flash tanks. Because of the unique smaller size they are less expensive then traditional flash tanks. The clean steam can be returned to a lower pressure saving valuable BTU's and makeup water. Return on investment can be in a matter of weeks. Easy to use flash steam and selector charts assure proper sizing of a Flash Separator for your condensate requirements. Special tank designs are also available. Penn Separator has over forty years of experience building pressure vessels to ASME Code. All Penn Flash Separators are constructed to the ASME Code Sec. VIII. Learn MoreRequest a Quote
- Penn Separator "T" Type Centrifugal Entrainment Separators for Steam, Air and Other GasesPenn Inline Separators create a centrifugal spinning action that separates out liquid entrainment droplets in steam, air, or other gases. Each are Inline type designed to fit in existing piping.
The most efficient type is our "T" type design. The downward tangential inlet directs the flow to the outside walls of the vessel creating a low pressure votex area that the clean flow follows to the centrally located outlet. Our PuC cone provides additional centrifugal force necessary to wring out the smaller droplets. The cone also provides a space where entrainment droplets fall harmlessly from the stream minimizing reentrainment. The open flow design keeps pressure loss low. Learn MoreRequest a Quote
- Penn Separator Model MSI / MTI / MBI Mist SeparatorMist Separators are a ASME Code pressure vessel body with a mesh pad "Mist Eliminator" separating element located in the center of the unit. The flow is slowed as it travels upward through the element. The small droplets collect on the element until they are large enough to fall free of the flowing steam, air or gas flow. Our original design was for low pressure boilers. Now the Mist Separator is available in special individually designed units for most liquid from gas applications. Learn MoreRequest a Quote
- Blowdown SeparatorsThe modern and efficient way of handling boiler intermittent blowdown. Separators have also been used for hydronic safety relief valve discharges, deaerator overflows, autoclave draining, and other high flow pressurized condensate to drain applications. The smaller diameter takes up less space then a traditional blowoff tank while providing an efficient separation of flash steam and condensate. Learn MoreRequest a Quote
- Entrainment SeparatorsInline Entrainment Separators Inline Centrifugal Entrainment Separators for Steam, air, and Other Gases Penn Inline Separators create a centrifugal spinning action that separates out liquid entrainment droplets in steam, air, or other gases. Each are Inline type designed to fit in existing piping. Learn MoreRequest a Quote